But I'm happy to report that I've managed to rise to the occasion. . . and now have, framed and ready to wrap, a finished piece. . . a whole TWO days before the date of my friend's in-town celebration party for the newley weds.
And here it is. . . . .
It's a little easier to see the stitching in this photo, taken before mounting and framing:
I think it turned out well. . . and I hope the bride and groom like it.
A lot of the credit (actually most of it) goes to to Thea at The Victoria Sampler who really designed the piece. Here's the photo of the original. . . which I adapted by making the original square into a rectangle, and replacing the bee and flowers with the personalized lettering. The bride's colors were burgundy and gold. . . so I did the lettering and beading in burgundy, and the piece is laced onto a backing covered with gold tissue lame, so the gold peeks through and shines in the light.
Thanks Thea! Couldn't have done it without you.